Frequently Asked Questions
What makes Shea body butter ideal for dry skin?
Shea butter has a high concentration of fatty acids —linoleic, palmitic, stearic, and oleic fatty acids —that deeply hydrate dry and damaged skin, especially in winters. In addition, it has vitamins A, F, catechins, and Tocopherol that conditions the skin and encourages the growth of healthy skills.
When applied and massaged on the skin, it nourishes the skin and locks the moisture, leaving behind supple and soft skin for many hours. Use it after bath for best and lasting results.
Where is Shea Butter extracted from?
Shea butter is extracted from the small nuts (or kernels) of the Shea tree
- Vitellaria paradoxa from West Africa, and
- Vitellaria Nilotica from East Africa.
The kernels are grounded to form a creamy paste which is further boiled for hours to separate the impurities and the oil. The fatty component is then skimmed off which we use as Shea butter.
Pure and unadulterated Shea butter has an ivory color and nutty aroma. It is widely used in manufacturing hand and body care products around the world.
Is Dead Sea salt good as a body scrub?
Yes, without any doubt. It is a natural skin exfoliator that cleans your skin thoroughly, reduces skin inflammation while tending to various common skin issues like acne, pimples, and psoriasis.
It primarily contains
- Magnesium that expedites skin healing, soothes skin rashes and improves skin hydration.
- Calcium that prevents fine lines from growing deeper and offers skin cancer protection.
- Potassium that reduces fine lie, protects against UV Rays and moisturizes the skin from inside out.
- Sodium that provides skin exfoliation, detoxes the skin and tends to muscle pain.
- Zinc that works against UV damage and other inflammatory skin diseases, such as acne and ulcers.
- Sulfur that removes dead skin and encourages the production of new skin cells.
The abundance of natural salts and minerals in the Dead Sea water draws travelers to its shores and experience its rewarding benefits.
You can receive the same results by sitting at home. Visit Juman’s natural Dead Sea online and order Dead Sea salts body scrub, massage oil, body creams/lotions, and many other body care products online.
What’s the salt concentration in the Dead Sea salt?
Its salt concentration stands at a whopping 33.7%.
As per the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Dead Sea water is nearly 8.9 times saltier than ocean water.
If we examine the depths of the sea, the water found is highly concentrated and hence the insoluble salt floats near the shoreline.
As of now, no visible life has been spotted in the Dead Sea like aquatic plants and animals.
Is there any side effect of using Dead Sea salt body care products?
No. We offer top-quality products that offer little to no side effects. It does not contain Parabens, Sulphates, Phthalates, or any potentially harmful chemicals or preservatives.
To be on the safer side,
- Apply a scoop of the body scrub on a patch of your skin
- Rinse it with water
- Pat dry and look for any sign of redness or irritation
For those who are undergoing any skin treatment and using any skin product on their skin, we recommend you to talk to your doctor.
If your question is not listed above, or you need more information on any of our products, feel free to get in touch. We are more than pleased to help.